Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Changeling by Madeline Archer


The Changeling 

by Madeline Archer 

Genre: Fantasy Romance




Half-fae Lenox Pendry is surrounded by secrets and none are his to keep. Plucked from his mother’s arms as an infant and raised a changeling, Lenox grows to adulthood unaware of what and who he is and oblivious to the danger unfolding as his birthday draws near. After he’s unwittingly sent to the Scottish Lowlands out of harm’s way, he chances to meet a beautiful healer named Janet Roxburgh. The townspeople believe her to be a witch. It would appear Janet has a few secrets of her own.

Note: Madeline Archer is the pen name of award-winning author Rose Anderson. The Changeling comes from the sweeter side of Rose’s imagination and was inspired by the Scottish ballad of Tam Lin. Rated PG.





Known for crafting characters that stay with you long after the last page has turned, Rose Anderson is a multi-published award-winning author and dilettante who loves great conversation and delights in interesting things to weave into stories. Rose also writes across genres under the pen name Madeline Archer. No matter which pen name she uses, Rose chooses descriptive words as carefully as an artist might choose a color.

As a self-described “persnickety leisure reader”, Rose especially enjoys novels that feel like they were written just for her. “It's hard to explain, but if you have ever read a book that felt like you alone knew what the author was getting at, then you’ll know what I mean. I tend to sneak symbolism and metaphor into my writing. You might say it's a game I play with myself when I write. I just love when readers email to say they've found something.” These hidden insights are her gift to her readers. Rose hopes readers will feel her stories were written just for them, for that’s the truth.


She lives with her family and small menagerie amid oak groves and prairie in the rolling glacial hills of the upper Midwest.

Author Media Links:

Website http://calliopeswritingtablet.com/
Amazon Author’s Page http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B004XDGWL6
Twitter https://twitter.com/roseanderson_
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010122735542

A few fun facts about Rose Anderson


I’m a World drummer with a collection of drums from all over the world that takes up a lot of space. Most of my closest friends are fellow drummers and we gather often to make music. We’ve considered making professional music CD’s but haven’t yet. We’re so in sync when we play, we often stop at the same time without being prompted. It’s a spooky thing that makes you look at one another wide-eyed and go wow.
I’ve paddled the wilderness several times and enjoy the thrill of canoeing through white water rapids. These are what I consider to be reasonable rapids, not the kind where you ride the inflatable raft, hang on for dear life and wear a helmet so you don’t die. Hmm…I think I’d like to try that.
I’ve walked on fire three times. I’ll bet you’re thinking once would be enough! It was transcendent. There’s something about stepping beyond instinctual fear. No, I didn’t get burned and yes, I could have cooked a steak on the coals.
I’m Master Level Reiki trained.
To combat a crushing shyness, I took a DJ job in college. I enjoy all sorts of music but music of the British Isles and Appalachia are my particular favorites. I really don’t care for rap, winey country, or improv jazz but will give everything a fair hearing. My itunes now has 8902 songs loaded on it. Unfortunately they won’t all fit on the ipod
I once had a pet rooster named Brutus who weighed 48 lbs. No kidding. Hindsight says I should have sent his stats to the Guinness Book people.
I’m a very fast reader & take great pains to slow down when I read aloud. It makes my husband nuts when I read my manuscripts to him. lol
I enjoy bowling and average a 160 game. I did bowl 200 once but only after the ball smashed my finger and I was in pain. Talk about focus.
I cry at weddings. Heck, I cry over commercials. I'm sensitive.
I really dislike shopping but love scrounging in junk shops and flea markets.
I read the entire 1985 World Book Encyclopedia (A to Z) on a whim. It took me about six years with all the updates.
I love games like Balderdash and Trivial Pursuit, but no one will play with me *sniff* I think it’s because I read the encyclopedia.
I’m an introvert but love great conversation
Costuming takes the edge off my shyness. I use to do historical reenactments and living history events spanning the years 1640 –1850. Because of surprise on a recent DNA test, I’m currently dabbling in the Viking world. lol After that, who knows? Steampunk here I come!

I’m a decent shot with a rifle and used to take part in black powder competitions at those same living history events.
I can do seven moves in Cat’s Cradle (my grandma taught me). I wish I could find someone who knows more moves to teach me.
I’ve collected a rainbow of 1930-40’s Hall Pottery ball-shaped water jugs and tea pots. The glazes of that time just call to me. I even have a pair of mildly radioactive salt and pepper shakers. Some of the glazes back then had some pretty potent issues.
I own a pair of Converse high-tops with flames on them. And I wear them too! One day they’ll look amazing with my red hat.
I’m a natural redhead with all that goes with it. I actually change color with the seasons and I always have. People comment on it every year. I’m told it’s very strange, but it’s just me.
I play Scrabble with a 9-letter tray but not for scores. I play for the perfect looking board (try it!)
I once owned a purple AMC Gremlin (back in the day) and shared one gas cap with every other Gremlin owner in Chicago. Let your imagination run with that!




No comments :

Post a Comment