Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Getting to Know Kelly Jensen

Welcome to our Getting to Know feature!
This week, get to know the authors from the Memories of the Breakfast Club Kindle World!
Based on the Bestselling M/M Romance books from Felice Stevens, welcome new characters and stories from other authors! In each post, you'll hear directly from the author on special topics, about why they wrote for this world, or something interesting about their story!

Get to know Kelly Jensen!


Uncommon Ground is unlike anything I’ve written before. I’ve written science fiction, aliens, and contemporary romance separately. This was my first attempt to put all those elements in the same story. Why? Because I love both genres, read both genres, and wanted this story to reflect that. I wanted people who don’t normally read science fiction to give it a try, and I wanted my science fiction readers to fall in love with Dillon and Lang.

The setting for Uncommon Ground was a bonus. I was excited to write in Felice Stevens’ New York. I love her characters and stories. My plot is fairly peripheral to hers, with her characters only appearing here and there. The reason for that is, well, my guys are aliens. (Some of them. Okay, most of them.) I didn’t want to infect her world too much. But now that I’ve done it once, I can’t wait to do it again, and I will be using one of her characters in a pivotal role in a follow up story. I haven’t picked my victim yet…

Writing this story was a lot of fun and I can’t wait to continue Dillon and Lang’s adventure, and expand the world I’ve started building inside Felice Stevens’ world.


Bio and links:
If aliens ever do land on Earth, Kelly will not be prepared, despite having read over a hundred stories of the apocalypse. Still, she will pack her precious books into a box and carry them with her as she strives to survive. It’s what bibliophiles do.

Kelly is the author of a number of novels, novellas and short stories, including the Chaos Station series, co-written with Jenn Burke. A lot of what she writes is speculative in nature, but sometimes it’s just about a guy losing his socks and/or burning dinner. Because life isn’t all conquering aliens and mountain peaks. Sometimes finding a happy ever after is all the adventure we need.

Connect with Kelly: Twitter | Facebook | Website


No comments :

Post a Comment